So, what is it that we like so much about this carrot slaw recipe? Well first, it tastes really good! And second, it’s easy to make. And thirdly, it crushes raw garlic and allows it to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. As we earlier posted, that allows time for the enzymes to react and increase the amount of the healthy compounds in the garlic.
- 6 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 3 teaspoons zest and 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon raw sugar, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or Mayonnaise
Toss together fist 4 ingredients. Let stand 30 minutes. Stir in olive oil or mayonnaise. Taste for seasoning, and add some salt or more sugar, if desired.